AutoCAD is a CAD (Computer Aided Design or Computer Aided Drafting) software application for 2D and 3D design and drafting. It is developed and sold by Autodesk, Inc. First released in December 1982, AutoCAD was one of the first CAD programs to run on personal computers.
Download AutoCAD for free here. Be sure to check with your parents before downloading and installing. After you have parent approval, follow the installation directions and you are done! Congratulations, you are on your way to an exciting career in engineering.
CAD Unit Snapshot:
- Lessons – Powerpoint with a worksheet – done in class, if needed – finished for homework
- Assignment – Follow along and create a technical design – guided practice, peer to peer
- Assignment Videos – Screencasts of each assignment to review anytime
- Resource videos – Take your knowledge and skills to the next level
- Drawing quiz – Use skills acquired to create a technical design – on your own